0330 043 0003

Our Opening Times

Antiques Business Insurance

If you are in the Antiques and or Art business, do you know that most standard Retail Insurance policies don’t provide you with the cover you need?

When considering insurance cover for your Antiques and Arts business, it is important to realise that not all policies are alike. For instance, most standard retailers’ policies don’t offer cover for many of the trade specific activities that you carry out on a daily basis. For example, many policies exclude cover for goods damaged whilst being cleaned, restored or valued and in fact, whilst conducting any trade process.

A common risk that is inherent within this trade sector is defective title. Our panel can provide policies include provide a financial indemnity, covering you in the event that you purchase an item from a seller and later discover that they were not the rightful owner. Cover can also be provided to protect you from financial loss if in the course of your everyday business, you accept payment from a forged or stolen cheque, or credit card.

Most insurers will focus on the value of the antiques and the level of security, such as locks and alarms. Should you not fit a straightforward profile, the challenge of securing the cover you require, at a competitive price, becomes more of a headache.

Our experience has taken us into considering the unique nature of the Antique and Arts sector by encompassing a wide number of different skills and trades as follows:

  • Antique Dealers
  • Antique Furniture
  • Antique Furniture Repairers/ Restorers
  • Antique/Rare Book Dealers
  • Art Dealers
  • Art Galleries
  • Art Restoration
  • Art Valuation
  • Auction Houses
  • Auctioneers

Customise Your Policy To Your Needs

Policy highlights include cover for your stock and customers goods on an all risks basis. Stock and customer goods are not only covered on
your business premises but whilst at Auctions, Trade Fairs, at your own residence or even at repairers and restorer’s premises.

Our panel of insurers have specialist tailor-made combined policies available for the Antiques and associated trades.

It is aimed at retail outlets as well as dealers who operate from home and sell at fairs, restorers premises and auction houses. we have access to combined policy where cover can be adapted to meet individual requirements.

Cover on stock is on an “All Risks” basis and can include coverage whilst exhibiting at fairs, in transit, whilst at other premises on sale or return or for restoration.

Policies for Antique Dealers can cover all types of stock including, but not restricted to, Jewellery, Silver, Furniture, China, Metalwork, Bronzes and Books

Cover for

  • Stock including jewellery, silver, furniture, clocks, paintings, china, glass and the like
  • Money
  • Buildings
  • Fixtures and fittings
  • Rent cover
  • Public and products liability of up to £5m
  • Employer’s liability of £10m
  • Business interruption
  • Personal accident
  • Defective title
  • Process cover
  • Forged/stolen cheques & credit cards
  • Legal Expenses

Cover Can Include

In fact, anywhere in the world if required and it also includes the transit cover. Multiple Premises can be covered on the same policy. Whether you have trade premises, rent space, or trade from home our policy has been designed with you in mind. Get professional advice and to help you find the correct cover for your business at the right price.

What Insurance Does Your Business Need?

Having the correct insurance for your business will depend on your type of business and the particular risks it faces. Should you have a family run small business such as a florist or fish and chip shop you need the right cover in place for your business.

Retail insurance from Moneycornershop.com includes your public liability insurance in case someone makes a compensation claim against you. You can also cover your stock, insure your building, and add employers’ liability insurance to cover staff claims. It’s quick, quality cover in one simple policy.

If you have made improvements to your rented premises such as such as air conditioning, lighting or specialised fittings it may be worth considering adding tenants improvements cover to your quotation.

Anything that you install yourself, such as air conditioning, lighting or specialised fittings, will not be covered under your landlord’s insurance policy. This means that if they’re damaged, by a fire or flood, for example, then you won’t be able to claim for them without having tenants improvements as part of your own insurance policy.

We offer excellent value and extensive cover, with stock insurance part of the package. Whether you’re a home-based business or high street retailer, our online retail insurance offers a tailored solution.

Want to hear more about your business cover options from our expert team. Just choose the cover you’re interested in and get some expert insight into how each option can help your business.

You can also check out our Knowledge Hub for further information about us.


Get your extensive yet affordable cover - Quotes Take Less Than 2 minutes - Start Quote

Our Experience & Relationships

Moneycornershop.com is a proud member of the Purple Partnership – Who have been voted the Best Broker Network in the UK – 3 times in the last 4 years – Which means many insurers provide exclusive deals for us, with competitive pricing and enhanced policy cover.

When this is combined with the great service our team provides, you can see why people choose to let us arrange their insurance.

We have access to global insurance markets who cover over 1,000 trade types as well as many underwriting specialists who focus on niche trade sectors.

We have over 50 years collective experience and relationships with underwriting specialists which have the capacity and understanding of the industry to write and place any risk.

Tailored To Meet All The Risks Associated With The Day To Day Running Of Your Business.

We work closely with you to provide bespoke insurance & risk managements to suit your business, whatever your requirements.

It’s very important to make sure you understand what you need from your shop insurance. Use the check points below to get you thinking.

  • Check the policy documents for exclusions and excesses so you know exactly where you stand with your policy
  • Insure your stock at the cost price, not the retail price
  • Do you need buildings insurance? If you rent your premises, your landlord may take care of this already
  • Ensure that you are insured for your contents and and fixtures and fittings properly – fixtures and fittings cover (which is part of buildings insurance).

Do You Need To Speak To Someone?

We have a wealth of experience and a great team of friendly professionals – Why not click “Let’s Chat!” in the bottom right hand corner of your screen to connect to our insurance broker team?

Need more details? Or wish to speak to us?

Our team is waiting to hear from you today – 0330 043 0003